View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 01:56 AM

Default Re: Where to visit in Europe...trip planner help needed

I've been here for almost a month and a half and it's been a great time. You should consider staying in city's longer than I have since I've spent maybe 2-3 nights in most with one 5-day stay in Berlin. Barcelona's beautiful and is supposed to have a kicking night life (I'm here basically by myself so I haven't gone out all that much, but Rome was awesome and Krakow was sweet too).

I would say go to Rome for like 5 days and if you want to go somewhere else in Italy, check out Venice because it is just a cool city.

You can make it pretty cheap (besides airfare, but even then you can get deals and last minute flights, etc. to make it like $500 or so roundtrip / person). Then, you can travel by train or even airfare within Europe, because that is often extremely cheap ($25 US? or so on the continent most of the time, I think)...

If you don't mind the conditions, you can find places to sleep for like $20 US a night. Hostels, obviously, but you can also find like one star and two star hotel doubles for like $40 a person.

If you can, you want to go during low season when everything is hella cheaper. Also, Eastern Europe is beautiful, but slightly less open to tourists. The upside to this is it is really amazingly cheap. I like Krakow more than Prague, but that's because I speak Polish, but everyone who goes to Prague loves it and it is still very cheap.