View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 11:10 PM

Default Re: Small Stakes Hold\'em

Actually I do a good job of protecting my hand. In my statistics, I am below what one expect of his drawing hands. After flopping four to the flush, you have a 34.97% chance of catching your flush with two cards to come. In this and all areas of drawing, I am drawing at a rate of less than 50% of the expected rate. The only starting hand of 169 that I am doing above the expected value is 99. I am continually getting outdrawn by the hands that I would not start with, especially considering position and odds. AK goes down continually to the people playing Ax. I raise with AK 90% of the time preflop. I guess people have programs to tell them what type of player they are up against online. I have been informed that I am a Tight- Aggressive-Aggressive type. In the last 700 hands I played, I had AA(twice), KK(twice), and AK (6 times). All ten hands lost. I look at my statistics, shake my head a few times and wonder when things will move closer to the expected odds. The fact that the numbers look terrible does not cause me to change the hands that I start with based upon position, odds and opponents makeup. But it does make it frustrating when I look at the results.