View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 10:50 PM

Default Re: \"Unions are Evil\"

[ QUOTE ]
I did not say I excuse the Ferrari fund. Far from it. However, it is a consequence of a democratic form of government, in that once the person is voted in there is little redress till the next election.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the many defects of representative democracies.

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps there is a better way for a society to be built than having a democracy. However, no one has come up with one.

[/ QUOTE ]

So maybe people should stop trying to "build" one.

[ QUOTE ]
If the unions use force, specifically in the form of government protection, than it is likely not a crime (it is the govt that defines the crime).

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not "illegal" but it's still criminal. You obviously know what I mean.

[ QUOTE ]
Secondly corporations that manipulate prices usually do so with government protection.

[/ QUOTE ]

You keep bringing this up as if someone disputes it. You won't ever find me defending corporations that co-opt government power.

[ QUOTE ]
Unions serve a purpose. The members in the unions choose to stay in the union because it is to their benefit.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you keep ignoring the fact that something may be to your "benefit" but still cause you harm.

If jackbooted thugs bust down your door and make you choose between a bullet in the leg and a bullet in the face, which do you pick? Choosing the bullet in the leg is most likely to your benefit - given the choices you've been restricted to - but it still harms you. You don't find "value" in it.