View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 09:52 PM

Default Re: Turn call with a low pair + gutshot

You have roughly 18% of hitting one of your outs on the river, and like you said not all of your outs may be clean. Your image is one of stealing, as you stated before. I think there's a good chance that he's going to be looking you up no matter what because you keep taking away pots, and especially if he has top pair he's hanging in there. If you miss the river, you're losing those chips you put in on the turn, and unfortunately you'll be missing that river 82% of the time. I think you should just wait for a better spot rather than trying to push someone out again and getting them even more riled up at you.

of course, the pot odds are close to right to make this call, but I don't like to get too caught up in the nice pot odds when as you said, not all of your outs may be clean. If you hit on of your "outs" and it's bad for you, you're going to lose a lot more chips.

Then again, perhaps I'm too tight in this situation. If you feel like you can run over him, I suppose go with it, but this is purely just my thought process on this hand.