View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 09:01 PM

Default Re: Controversial Last Ditch Advice for Snowball 138

"You'll probably run into some of these people later in your career. Wouldn't it be a shame if they remember you as the weasley little butt-sniffer who tried to get into that hot girl's pants by acting like her friend?"

You seem to be skimming over some details.

1. The friends plan is the last resort. Perhaps you are worried that with this as a backup he will not be as enthusiastic about plan A.

2. He wants more than just to get into her pants. And he believes he would be good for her.

Given those two things no one would blame him for pulling out all stops.

Meanwhile your posts are starting to remind me of soldiers or streetfighters who rail against less tough guys beating them through the use of technoligically superior weapons. But the truth of the matter is that they want to foster an environment where their talent is not superseded by stealth from less talented guys. Because that's to their benefit. (Which is why I have never been that appalled by poker cheats with 115 IQs who had no chance to beat the game on the square. I want them gone. But if they have honed some talent to try to avoid working for Hertz, any outrage I had toward them would be mighty self serving.)