View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Moving up from Micro to Small stakes: how would you do it?

Holdem For Advance Players helps, though SSHE is still my favorit book. It just a great book that covers "basics", and that is what you need to be reminded when you are running cold. The key to be a successful player at ring game is how well you handle downswing, it doesn't take much effort to learn how to handle wins, just keep playing and winning! right? Besides that, make sure you have Poker Tracker and review your play in reular basis. Also, I highly recommend you keep 500BB bankroll. I use to think 300BB is plenty and even that is not necessary, but I kept 500BB bankroll "just in case". I was right to keep 500BB bankroll, begging of last month, I dropped 275BB in 6000 hands. I recovered, but recovering process would be much more emotionally stressful/difficult if I had to put more money in bankroll from my saving account. 500BB bankroll made the process much easier, instead of taking money out of my bank account, I just had to accept that I can not withdraw money from my poker account this month. good luck.