View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: $25 NL 6-max flush draw aggression check (push in these situations

I really dont understand the point of these lines your trying to take. What are you trying to accomplish with them?
First hand he raises EP and you call OOP with AQS. The pot is only 2.5 - rake, so what does pushing accomplish except making him fold. A 3 - 4x riase will do the same thing and not risk your stack trying to get fancy at 25NL. Only think he's going to call you with here is a better hand so dont put all your chips at risk.

The second hand i have no clue what this accomplishes except losing chips and going in the underdog. Theres no point to make this move. If he doesn't have a hand he's folding right here and you pick up a pretty small pot. You call his min-raise with nut-flush draw giving great odds and checking it on the turn will, in my mind, get a bet out of him that becuase he thinks he must continue becuase you showed weakness towards his min-raise this time your getting the money in when your ahead. Pushing against his min-raise is a sure way to lose money in the future.