View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 12:22 AM

Default Re: Punishing limpers w/ an all-in

one limper i would push a marginal hand, because im less worried about him calling. If he open limps from say, MP and i know hes a pretty passive player, im less worried of him having a huge hand, and often they will just fold. Two limpers again i don't mind so much, but its when there are 3/4 limpers i seem to always get called by a better hand. (i guess its basic pot odds, when its 1v1 they assume i have a better hand, and its my stack vs their stack, so they fold the AT, 66 or whatever, but with 4 limpers money in the pot they are more willing to call, even though i would have been pushing the same hands)

Personally i find i do better in tournaments by not pushing here, and waiting for a better spot. Maybe if i was still pushing these spots i would be winning more chips, but i feel this is too risky and never seems to work for me (and i dont think ive ever been called by a hand thats worse than 50/50, usually they are 70/30 and the tournament ends.

Recently i've been playing rebuys/deepstacks so this situation doesn't occur so often, but in this example, i wouldn't shove the A7. I would shove AT though.