View Single Post
Old 11-05-2005, 11:54 PM

Default Re: Punishing limpers w/ an all-in

[ QUOTE ]
I used to make this move pretty often in these, and would pretty often end up being called by 77, A9s etc and bust. Now i prefer to have a strong hand like ATs+, 99+, KQs to do this with in the lower buyins, unless i have a decent read on the limpers. I might also consider doing this with 89s, 9Ts, esp if i have the limpers covered so at least i have live cards if they are. I think that A7o is way behind whenever you get called, and i think you get called too often to make this play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you'd have to be certain you'd be called at least 65-70% of the time to make this move -EV. I can't imagine this would be the case at a standard table, even at lower buy ins. Perhaps if you had a read that the table would make loose calls, but I just can't believe you'd get looked up often enough here to make this -EV, and even if you are called, you'll be at worst 30% against any hand but AA with ~2.5:1 odds from the pot. I'd make this move with a wide variety of hands here and if I get called and lose so be it. If I'm at 1500 with 75/150 blinds I'm in pure chip building mode and will take any +EV play I can get.

-Rizen