View Single Post
Old 11-05-2005, 11:12 PM

Default Re: Maybe interesting turn decision

[ QUOTE ]
I normally 3-bet the flop for value. I thought, in this specific situation, my line might be more useful. This is how I saw it during the hand:

1) MP might be raising for a free card.
2) MP might be raising a JT type hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems that these are good reasons to 3bet. Your equity against these 2 players will usually be pretty good. Since MP is weak-tight, he probably won't 3bet you too often or rasie the turn.

[ QUOTE ]
If I call, and MP takes a free card, this is a fine result (agree?).

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, if he takes a free card your flop equity was probably pretty solid and you should have 3bet.

[ QUOTE ]
So when MP bets the turn, I am never ahead, and forcing a better hand to fold is valuable. Do you really think donking the turn or 3-betting the flop carries the same fold equity?

[/ QUOTE ]

Donking the turn doesn't need to carry the same fold equity. YOu are investing half as much so it needs to work half as often. If you checkraise, the pot will be 3BB bigger than if you donked, making a call more attractive from your opponents' perspective. If he's weak-tight he won't raise you very often. Also, he'd probably bet fairly often when you check, unless he's on a draw or is scared of a checkraise. If he's weak-tight enough to check with a pair, I think there's a good chance he'd fold to the donk.