View Single Post
Old 11-05-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Re: 5/10 SH coach needed

[ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, but I have a low tolerance for stupidity, and many things from the original poster's post are far from intelligent.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's fine.

You demonstrate a lack of understanding when it comes to the true nature of variance in these games. A 1.5 BB/100 player could have this exact graph given an 18SD, and it would be within a 95% confidence interval. That very same player could run at 2.8 BB/100 over 100k hands. Additionally, to be 99% certain the range widens to the point where he could be nearly a 2BB/100 winner who is running bad.

Now none of this is certain and it's possible that 0.3BB/100 is his true winrate given his current playstyle. He could also be a significant loser that is running well. The point is WE CAN'T KNOW given his SD. Your implications are pointless and myopic.

I honestly hope you continue to run well, because you are in for a hell of a ride if you don't know what variance is truly like.

[ QUOTE ]

If you don't like my replies, feel free to put in on "IGNORE".

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I could, I can't put anyone on "ignore" because I have a responsibility to the forum to keep an eye on what is posted and make sure it is vulgarity/obscenity/flame- free.

Surf