Thread: Borgata debacle
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Re: Borgata debacle

[ QUOTE ]
Friday night poker at the Borgata. I decide to stay sober and try to pick up some drunks' money. The statistical nature of poker however did not work my way. The second hand of the night I doubled my stack from 240 to 480 when my set of jacks took down an ace high bluff attempt (A10!!!!), flop j48. After that was all down hill. My worst beat was AA to 89 suited. Flop A810, turn 8, river 8. I kid you not. The drunks just seemed to outdraw on everything. It was quite amazing. Unfortunately I had to leave Saturday so I ended up down 80. 80 is nothing but its just miserable with the way they were playing. There two jackasses would raise every other hand with any two cards. If anyone else witnessed this game let me know. $12 preflop raise with 35 offsuit only to make a straight. So atrocious and really no fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

By any chance were any of your opponents an Asian guy named Ken? I played at Borg two days in July and will always remember this guy because he played (and raised) more hands than anyone I've ever seen.