View Single Post
Old 11-05-2005, 06:08 PM

Default Re: What is the play here?

Preflop is fine IMO, I'll play any 2 suited cards with one limper on the sb hoping to spike trips, 2 pair, or a flush.

On the flop, I wouldn't bet out, I'd check, if a late position puts in a raise, depending the size of it, will reraise at least 2.5x his raise and see what happens. If he goes all in or calls, I am thru with the hand unless a 10 comes on the turn. If he bets more than 1000, I obviously wouldn't have enough chips to go for a big reraise here, and would let the hand go at minimal risk, but if its at 1000, I am willing to raise to 2500 to try to take down a nice pot.

If I did bet the flop and got a call, with no draws and only a possible straight draw, trips, or full house, I'll definitely check and fold. As it stood, on the turn it was about 4000 chips left in your stack to win a pot of almost 12,000 (rounding both up for simple math purposes). You got exactly 3:1 on a call there, and even then I think you are behind more than that to call (behind any higher pair, any 9, pocket 10s, pocket 6s, any higher Tx hand, and only ahead of straight and unlikely flush draws here. And I don't think you will see pocket 6's stick around after that bet, or any other lower pocket pair, so I don't know what you would be ahead of here cept for a stone cold bluff.

I think you could have saved 1/3 of your stack by not betting that turn, just don't see many cards sticking around after that flop bet.