View Single Post
Old 11-05-2005, 11:02 AM

Default Bellagio 10/20 hand

Hey guys,

Been a while. Sorry for the prolonged absence, been in Vegas for a couple weeks, and have been partying waaaaaaaay more than playing, so not much to contribute cardwise, from my perspective. But did get over to the Bellagio to play some 10/20 NL (which is an excellent game, FWIW), and here's the most memorable/interesting hand I've played thus far.

Villain is a good player, and although he and I were somewhat at war in the few hands preceding this one, I've been playing a pretty straightforward TAG game, as that's all that seems to be necessary to beat this game to pieces. Prolly a half dozen hands ago, however, after having raised w/ JJ preflop and taking down the blinds the hand before, I reraised villain's $100 open to $400 from the SB w/ AsQs, and then bet 2/3 pot or so on a KQxr flop. Villain folded and I showed, and he said that he "had me preflop" (no [censored]).

A few hands later, I open for $80 from EP w/ QQ, suits unimportant. Villain makes it $400 to go. I call. I have $9k and villain covers.

Flop is Qxx, rainbow. I check/call $600.

Turn is an offsuit 10. I lead for $500. Villain stares me down for about three seconds, and then makes it $2500 straight.

Hero? Plan for the river?

Thanks in advance.

I'll be back later today to answer questions/respond to comments.

-neon.