View Single Post
Old 11-05-2005, 04:21 AM

Default Re: Guns, Smoking, Drinking, and Sex

[ QUOTE ]
You're missing the point. I can say the same thing about cigarettes. Underage kids can find a way to get them so we might as well tell kids how to do so safely, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you really post this? This was an accident, right? A weird 1 in a million thing that this statement appeared as a post in this thread under your name. I'm giving you the benefit the doubt on this one.

[ QUOTE ]
My point is biological urges can be resisted if society is willing to discourage it. But if it's not or is sending mixed signals, then the biological urge will often trump societial pressure.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a bit more reasonable. However, if pissing in public weren't a crime, people would be doing it. Believe me, I lived in Africa for a while and after a few months even I was pissing in the streets. Police officers piss in the street over there. And if pissing in the street was decriminalized here, in about 20 years, wherever there wasn't a toilet within 2 minutes, there'd be pissing. Go to a park even today, crime or not, people are outside pissing. Why? Because there are no toilets at the park and people can't hold it in forever. So my point is twofold, 1)to significantly reduce pre-marital sex you would have to make it a crime, enforce it, and regulate the entertainment industry and probably regulate girl/boy interactions as well. I don't think it's plausible. This is just an issue that preachers and politicians use to get people on their side.