View Single Post
Old 11-05-2005, 03:28 AM

Default Re: AKo, 13xBB, low flop

I pushed. I figured I was behind 3-1 to a pp and would get called, but I was getting 1.7-1 pot odds. If villain had high cards, I might as well get the money in or pick up the pot. The fact that the call came from the table leader made me suspicious that he might not have a big hand, and that is partly why I pushed rather than check/folding.

I generally like to open push, but I am not crazy about doing it from early position with 13xBB and 2xBB in blinds and antes. With a big ante in alive tournament, pushing might be best. Also, if you had a lot of players covered and you were risking less than 10xBB against several, then pushing might be reasonable. About the only hands you could push with from 2nd position are AQ, AK, TT, and JJ. I was open pushing from very late position, where I had good odds to make that play. I don't have reason to think that people would think I was a maniac and would be pushing from 2nd position for 13xBB with anything other than the four hands I mentioned.

I would be more likely to play AK for a limpraise here than push.

Villain called and showed AA, so I was more than a 3-1 dog. I guess villain was playing second hand low.