View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 11:21 PM

Default Re: What about this play....

[ QUOTE ]
The whole point about leading out the turn was to represent the flush. I did have Aces and Jacks not to mention the nut flush draw. [...] By betting out here when the spade hits I almost guarantee myself not to be raised. BB was a pretty solid player, he would not raise in that spot. I'm going to call one bet there obviously so why not bet out? If I had just check called then it is almost impossible to pull off my river play. By representing the flush like that, it makes it possible to pull off the checkraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why try to pull off the check-raise? There's a really good chance your Aces and Jacks just aren't good enough, if this player is as solid as you say. With all the raises, you're too likely to be up against AK or a set. I play mostly $30/60 and $80/160 online, and am amazed at how often people try to check-raise with hands like top pair, nine kicker. You've obviously made your point. Bet for value if you want, and call if raised. With the check-raise, what's the point of risking a re-raise?