View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 10:52 PM

Default Re: NYTimes Editorial

[ QUOTE ]

My other point about credit cards is this: a lot of people are stupid, in short. Why do people carry credit card debt for years on stuff they don't really need?

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. But at the same time I don't think a good solution is to close all the stores so all the idiots who can't control their spending don't hurt themselves. (I'm not saying you are, I'm just pointing out in principle why blaming poker for people's troubles is missing the point.)

I honestly can't relate to people like that at all. How can they not understand interest? This is not rocket science.

I'm not a poker professional primarily because I like to think that I have a career that is a little better than a zero sum game where I only gain at the expense of others.

On the other hand I don't think it is ethically wrong to do so. As long as the deal is fair, poker is an extremely pure, fair, and clean competition.

It doesn't matter who you know, or who your parents were, or what school you went to, or what color your skin is, or how you talk or how you dress. It only matters what you do. If only every occupation were as fair and just as that!

eastbay