View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 10:00 PM

Default Any tips for Pot Limit cash games?

Hey guys, probably about 90% of the time I play 10-20 shorthanded limit games, but I have a good local 2-5 pot limit game I go to where average stacks usually hover around 1000. Players aren't very good. Most nights there are 1 or 2 guys straddling, gambooling it up etc.. I do pretty well in the game basically nut peddling with pairs and suited connectors, but I was wondering if there were any subtle or obvious things you need to be doing in pot limit as opposed to no-limit (where I don't have a ton of experience anyways), that I should know. I figure the obvious would be limp reraising bigger pairs more ,and I do that to some extent especially if the game is real loose. The only other thing is I tend to check more to induce bluffs since I don't have to worry about overbets and most these guys aren't betting the pot much anyways. Didn't know if there were any other things some of you guys with more pot limit experience could tell me.

Sorry I couldn't find anything with this search function and if the question should be moved to small stakes, I was kinda stuck where to put it. Thanks.