View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Party 3/6 6 max: Against a TAG

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hands you are either coinflips or much worse preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am certainly at best a coin flip favorite here, but I am favorite the majority of the time yes? His likely raising range is at least down to KTo and likely lower.

Also if he caps out of position when it comes back to him then it's very easy to narrow his range of hands down to AA-TT and AK. At that point I know to just play for 6 or let it go. However if he just calls the 3 bet it is highly likely I am playing against a hand I am favorite against and even if not I can possibly get him to lay down a hand like 99 or 88 with a painted flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're about 52/48 against two overcards. You're 3-betting preflop, 99 and 88 are not going to fold often enough to make it worthwhile, and any painted flop is going to be dangerous to you moreso than it is to them. You've got a huge problem playing mid pairs and it's likely you're forced into often folding the best hand because a good TAG can checkraise the flop with a lot more than just a pair. Even when you are the favorite, you're barely so.

Also, if he caps preflop you just spent 4SB on a 7.5:1 shot getting a bit better than 1:1, aside from the times he has AK.