View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 04:41 PM

Default Re: AQ OOP vs. unknown

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Mike,

While this board is very raggedy, it's also pretty drawless. 45(OESD) makes a pair on the turn, otherwise we'd expect one of your opponents to hold a small pair a pretty good %age of the time. The pot's not that big and we don't have great reason to suspect we are still ahead. I'd check/fold the turn and hope for a free card... keep in mind the risk of domination is pretty strong here as any Ax hand that has paired its kicker will have called.(and these guys love their Ax)

Since we made it to the river I think we have to check-fold here. Your average player at 3/6 is on the passive side, and he's not betting A-hi here very often at all. Indeed, there are virtually no missed draws so we're hoping he has specifically a QJ or KJ-type hand... Cartman did some good work on A-hi OOP on the river vs passive players and found that it was quite incorrect to call with A-hi because they checked behind worse hands far too often.

Another consideration is that this was a multiway pot with you being the aggressor from the SB - players are more likely to give you credit for a real hand and less likely to do bizarrely aggressive things that they might consider in a SB vs BB hand, say.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

This is all really excellent advice. I would've tried to say the same thing and dont not as good a job.