View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 04:19 PM

Default Re: WSOP needs Re-vamping

[ QUOTE ]
I think the appeal of the WSOP is that anyone can enter. I know that I can never play in a Super Bowl or PGA championship but the "dream" of being able to play in the premier poker event in the world is real. All I need is $10,000. Someday I plan on playing in it. I own my own business but right now all my profits go to paying off the bank that holds my business loan. In a few years when that note is retired I'll be able to afford to play in the WSOP. Think of how many people like me there are out there. Poker wouldn't be nearly so popular if that dream weren't there for the average guy. There are plenty of big money tournaments out there that you don't need to limit the big one. I started playing on-line and reading books for the sole purpose of making my game better so I can do better when I do get to play in a major tournament. For years I had consistently won money in home games and the thought of taking poker to a higher level had never crossed my mind. Keep the dream alive for the average Joe out there and it will attract a lot more people to the tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's stopping you from becoming one of the best players in the world?

The dream is still there regardless. That's the beauty of poker. You don't have to be big, strong, fast, young, male, white, rich etc.