View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Which college should he choose?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, if he wants to play college varsity athletics, either he will get a full ride at a large school or need to go to a smaller school. Any thoughts of sending him to a Princeton, Penn or Dartmouth. Bucknell is also very good. My cousin went there and has a great career on Wall Street right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Princeton, Penn and Dartmouth all have fantastic athletics. Athletes who play there are usually recruited.

IMO, southern schools are underrated. Consider Duke, UVA, UNC, Georia, Clemson, GA Tech, etc. At least visit one of these schools, and see what your opinion is.

[/ QUOTE ]

With his SAT scores and grades (unless his class rank is VERY high), there is no way in hell he will get into Duke or UVA. It's also doubtful he will be accepted into UNC or GTech either out of state. Clemson or Georgia he will get into easily but they aren't really very good schools compared to the others.

I recommend most of the Big East schools. Rutgers, BC and Villanova for example are all well respected schools with excellent business programs. The Big Ten is good as well but the campus's are absolutely enormous and its so easy to get lost in the crowd. Northwestern is the best academically but I doubt he would want to live on that campus.