Thread: DERB
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 04:04 PM

Default Re: More Derb Hands

[ QUOTE ]
This could be possible, but there are only so many hands that someone is willing to raise and fold to a 3 bet, and that a thin value raise(as was with the JJ hand below, which demands a fold to a 3 bet.) All those value raises turn -EV when you call a 3 bet there. I wouldn't think that many people's strategies include raising and folding a good/decent hand to a 3 bet, so 3 betting people in the hopes that they fold either the best hand, and then calling down in the hope that they are on a bluff is ridiculous.

Is there any way to manipulate the HH in some way to make it appear he is winning hands he is not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to clarify: The 3-bet the turn was simply an example of a game-theoretic adjustment that someone mentioned in this thread. My point isn't that DERB is making good plays - I have no idea. My only point is if any poker player adjusts the range of hands with which he makes a certain play to fare better against his opponents range of hands and corresponding actions, including taking into account the influence adjustments to his actions will have on his opponents' actions, then he is employing game theory.