View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 03:58 PM

Default 2005 WSOP quotes

I think most of the best quotes have already been cited here, but here are some ones I appreciated. Some may not be from the main event, but bear with me.

Phil Ivey (to the guy whose hand was shaking): “Would you stop that? Look, your hand is shaking. Did you know your hand is shaking? Are you doing that on purpose?”

Mike Matusow (in his table interview for ESPN): “I think being in prison’s made me a better person” (or something like that)

Speaking of which, Norman Chad (at just about any time Matusow’s being a jackass): “This is the New Mike. Same as the Old Mike.”

Scott Fischman: “I’ve got a secret bathroom that I use, and I’m not telling anyone about it. You all can wait in line.”

Scott Fischman (preflop holding pocket eights vs. Dave Ulliott’s pocket Kings, imitating the announcers): “Scott Fischman has the best hand, but what will he do here?” Later, to Ulliott: “I put you on...King-six. Yeah, King-six. I think that’s what you had.”

**ONE MORE** Some guy at table, attempting to raise: "I I I I I I I..uh, uh, uh..." Layne Flack: "What's the matter, cat got your tongue?" Guy: "I raise." Layne Flack: "I hate that cat."

Scottiek