Thread: full tilt????
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 03:54 PM

Default Re: full tilt????

I've been playing a lot of short handed $2/4, $3/6, and occasionally $5/10 on Full Tilt lately. The reason you're seeing this change is because of ESPN airing WSOP coverage. In this coverage, every 3rd person shown on TV has a Full Tilt jersey on. The Phil Ivey's, Chris Ferguson's, Howard Lederer's, etc.

New people coming to a site is a good thing. When these new people play any 2 suited, it's a better thing.

In the AK vs 57 hand, you are only about a 60/40 favorite to win that hand before the flop. But sometimes, you gotta put yourself into "donkey" mode when someone makes a play like that.
<font color="red">
Entering Donkey mode....
"Ok, I'm a new player and I want to be like my hero Phil Ivey when I grow up. Ok, I got 5-7 offsuit. I'm not sure what position I'm in because I'm a donkey and have no concept of position and also because the OP didn't give all the details. I'll play this hand.

Flop: 9-2-Q rainbow

Ok, I didn't improve, but it's cheap to call this bet. It's only 10 cents!

Turn, 8

Wooohooo! I got a straight draw, this guy is in trouble

River, 7

Oh well, no straight, but I've gone this far. I'll go ahead and blow this final quarter.

Wait... I get the money? That fool just bet the river with nothing but ace high! No wonder so many people play this game for a living! Easy money."

Leaving donkey mode.....
</font>

Bottom line.. keep plugging, you want these kind of guys in your game. Also, evaluate your own game too. Read the heck out of the Small Stakes and Micro Limit boards. Also invest a few bucks in Small Stakes Hold 'em.