View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Air America Going Down the Tubes

[ QUOTE ]
Although a conservative,I would like an alternate political voice, but the blunt truth is that Air America is on life support.

Why is this?

Is it that middle-class America is comfortable and doesn't want any significant change?

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes me chuckle every time I hear a conservative yelp about how AAR is failing. Where'd you hear this? O'Reilly? Somewhere else? Please, for the love of god, tell me where you heard this.

Conservatives everywhere say it's in the toilet. I've seen the number of stations nationwide grow by a sixth (around 60, grown to 70) over the past few months, and that's not because it's "on life support." It's beating Rush in a few places, and it's beating O'Reilly in even more. It takes time for a station to grow. I've met the Drobnys (the founders of AAR) and they had nothing bad at all to say about the ratings. They're ecstatic with how the company's grown, despite the bad management at the very beginning.

And your statement shows a lack of understanding of AAR. No significant changes? It's not like the station is advocating a revolution. I'd argue, anyway, that recent polls indicate that America DOES want significant changes in leadership.

Oh yeah, Air America recently picked up Sacramento.