View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Just another sorry thirty-something!

[ QUOTE ]
Dropping 50 lbs in 8 weeks is not healthy! I'm sure you could probably do it, but that kind of weight loss has a much better chance of returning later. A good and reasonable goal is 2-3 lbs a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't thinking about how close year end was when I made that comment. I do belive that I can drop roughly 20 by then, and the remaining 30 at about a 2-3/wk pace as you stated.

I am currently up to running about 2 miles/day, 3 days/wk. I plan to start adding some swimming and biking to my workouts to assist with the triathlon training. I also hit the weights 3 times per week on an upper/lower split.

I really eat way too much, and that is where the major change is going to have to occur. The workouts are very fun for me, which makes that part easy.

I really want to be around to see my kids grow up, and if it will help my sex life with my wife, then I have all the reason I need.

I am a very patient man. I know many people would have run for the hills, but I have 3 kids that I love tremendously and a wife that I really do adore. I know these days divorce is an easy word to say, but i don't like to have it in my vocabulary. If I am wrong, I will say I was wrong and I will move on......but I do tend to belive my wife at this point. Hopefully I won't be wrong!