View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 01:09 PM

Default Re: Just another sorry thirty-something!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any updates? I normally don't like bumping threads like this, but I'm curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, here is the deal. We had a pretty good conversation the other night, and I was basically told that I don't keep myself up the way I used to. She wants me to watch my weight, because she is scared I am going to leave her as a single mother before she turns 40.

There were a combination of things in this post that were correct. The baby weight started the issue, then after some time she started to dress the part, and got the tatoo to make herself feel better. She was very persistent in letting me know there has been no infidelity. Maybe I am just a tool, but I tend to believe my wife.

My solution to this problem:
I am going to make a definite effort to eat better, work out more, and keep myself up for her......she will give it up more for me. I basically told her that my end will be kept up, but I do expect to see changes in our love life fairly quickly.....we will see.

Thanks for all of the positive replys especially, but also for the negative ones also because I needed to see this from all angles.

I will repost in a month or two if anyone is interested in hearing how it goes....... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it's good that you have gotten things out in the open, but this still seems a little weird to me. How much weight have you gained? A lot of people gain some weight in their 30s but that doesnt mean they completely stop having sex.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am keeping this on a short leash.....if things don't improve quickly, we will be seeing a therapist. I want to give my wife the benefit of the doubt, however.

I am now 250 at 5'10, which is a gain of 25 pounds over the last 10 years or so. Not out of the question, and I carry it pretty well....but I am too heavy, and plan on getting back down around 200 by the end of the year.

I have heart problems in my family, and this is what scares my wife...and truthfully me a bit.