View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 12:14 PM

Default Re: I have applied Paul Phillips advice but am still sucking

[ QUOTE ]
My first to advice to look far, far beyond just your bustout hands and analyze your game as a whole. Just because you got in with the best of it every time you go out does not mean you're playing perfect. I mean, to take an exaggerated hypothetical, what if you you were folding every hand you got until you picked up AA, at which point you had been blinded down to only having 2 BBs left? And now you re-raise all-in. Of course you'll have the best of it. Does that mean you played perfect? Not at all. You played terribly.

Now I'm sure that's probably not happening with you, but the point is if there are leaks in your game it's probably things that happen before you "get in with the best of it" and get unlucky. Either that or you're playing fine and being too results-oriented.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a survivalist. And I play more than premium hands -I steal, try to get people one-on-one, do cont bets, etc. So I usually have a good size stack from my post-flop play. When I bust out, it's not when I have a low M. It's a) early in tournament, when everyone has roughly same stack and b) middle/deep in tourney when I push against a bigger stack, even though I have the edge.

A big chunck of my bustouts are when I am a mid stack (and there are about say 200 people left out of 2,000) and I push AA/KK against a bigger stack.

Any benefit to playing more post-flop with premium pairs against a big stack?