View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 11:50 AM

Default Re: When to call with a draw HU

In words not as strong as tigerite's, this hand was played quite badly.

First off, the idea to just call preflop because he could have a monster is not good. Against the vast majority of opponents making this play, their range is much larger than monsters and hands beating you. Especially if he's been minraising a lot, just get this all in preflop. You don't have time to dick around postflop with stacks this shallow. (By the way, what site are you playing? There's only 6000 chips HU...). If you truly thought
[ QUOTE ]
so I bet, hoping I'm still ahead

[/ QUOTE ]
meaning that you were ahead preflop, get your chips in preflop. Heads up with less than 10 BB is not time to be taking flops and feeling your way through the hand.

Given that this is the case, under no circumstances should you be calling this all in. Since you didn't push preflop you have no clue where you stand. I know you're attempting to figure out that just because you're uncertain about your postflop play whether or not you should take incorrect odds to play, and you shouldn't.

Once you bet the flop and you're raised, you know you aren't ahead. You would be better off folding and pushing 52o next hand in the small blind. I never want to be calling off my stack postflop with a hand like this HU. Go down as the aggressor (even with bad hands) instead of calling off your stack with incorrect odds.

Moral of the story: it should've been all in preflop if you're gonna play. Don't take incorrect odds when calling all in unless you know you're totally outclassed, but at low buy in SNGs as long as you know to be aggressive and push frequently once the blinds are big you won't find yourself outclassed much. Basically, don't do it.

-SonnyJay