View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Take my 5 out draw... or bet

I bet this and fold to a C/R. I'm not that scared of a bluff C/R here and the pots not that big that chasing 5 outs is worthwhile.

This board is somewhat troubling but I think there's a very good chance we're ahead. We're obviously very vulnerable and we'd like to end this right here.

I bet because he might fold a live draw and I will gladly take a free showdown if he calls. He could be hanging around with some weird draw and we have a value bet here. He might have a pair that beats us and we would really like him to fold.

If we check we will certainly face a river bet which we will be compelled to call unless we improve. This obviously give us O% chance of getting him to fold a better hand. When our hand is not so strong we really don't want him to be bluffing at us a lot on the river. I usually err on the side of firing on the turn when in position and HU when the other guy has just called our bets. I think we win more when we are ahead and lose less when we are behind this way too. If he calls we usually get a free showdown or can bet again if we improve.