View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Why all the hostility to Tiffany Williamson?

[ QUOTE ]
I think the hostility is directed towards players who take FOREVER to play their awful cards and make awful plays. Race and gender have zero to do with it, Tiffany is just the new face of being a bad player who kills a card game.

She was widely covered in the press as being slow to make decisions. That's fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might ALSO ask, if people were sooo upset with her taking sooo long, why NO ONE is blaming the table she was playing at, hmm?

I mean ANYONE at that table, can call a clock on someone at ANY time. If they didn't do so, then it is THEIR fault, and kudo's to Tiffany, for taking advantage of THEM not calling the clock on her! I mean after all, isn't it part of poker to use EVERY advantage your opponent gives to you, and use it AGAINST THEM, hmmm?

Thus if people are ticked off because she took too long to make a decision, then the table she was playing on at the time, SHOULD be held in EQUAL blame for NOT calling a clock on her (sooner).

I think, especially given the fact, that Tiffany played poker for LESS than a year when she played in the WSOP main event, that she did pretty damm good if you ask me.

Plus, to even GET there, she had to win at least TWO OTHER tournements to get her seat in the main event.

How many players do YOU all know, who played for less than a year, against over 5600 players in the Main WSOP Main event, made it as far as Tiffany did, hmm?

If there were any, I don't see ANYONE bitching about THEM or THEIR play in the WSOP Main event!

Tiffany, you did pretty damm good if you ask me, and there are MANY of us, who are proud of you and your accomplishment! I look forward to playing with/against you someday! (insert thumbs up smiley here)