View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 11:18 AM

Default Re: any 2 can win...

yeah, I knew it was pretty bad right after I clicked call -- you don't see those kind of odds often in the big blind, but you do get them relatively often in the small blind and I wouldn't complete the SB with that crap...

But, make this 10 handed and have everyone call UTG. Now with the dead post money it's up to 20.5:1, is that enough? What are the odds you would need to call with any 2 cards? or is there no reasonable way to construct such a situation at a normal table?

My original plan had been to check raise the field if I hit the flop hard which is why the check. I agree though, leading the flop makes a lot more sense.

pre-flop and flop were both pretty gross -- one of those hands I was really hoping I wasn't going to have to show at the end... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $1.50. CO posts a blind of $1.50.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) calls, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button calls.

River: (17.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 20.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 3c 6s (full house, threes full of fours).
MP2 has 8h As (two pair, fours and threes).
Button has 8d 5d (two pair, fours and threes).
Outcome: Hero wins 20.25 BB. </font>