View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 09:53 AM

Default Re: What is your 6-max vpip/pfr?

There is something worth commenting on here when talking about the 6-max game.

I have never focused much at all on my pre-flop game, taking the advice of Ed Miller, and many others, to focus on the post-flop play.

My approach has been to find a good preflop chart follow that to a T, and spend my time on the post flop portion of the game.

I think that this may be a poor approach in micro-limit 6-Max. All of the pre-flop charts that I have tried and followed (only 2, but that is all I have ever found) both get me to 21/16 (one from 2+2, and one from another site). I think that this is way too low, and I would like to be around 26/19 or so. I think that a lot of it has to do with playing with too many other 2+2ers at Absolute, where the PFR table averages can be upwards of 20%. So it comes down to cold-calling 2 bets, or 3 betting to isolate. That is tough to do with marginal hands, as EVERY piece of reading I have done does not advocate cold-calling with marginal hands. I often find myself playing at a table of 6 where 2 of the other players are 22/17/3.2 (or similar).

I would be VERY interested to see a preflop chart of someone that is quite a bit looser than me (i.e. 25/18).

When reviewing my stats the position based stats are as they should be (early = 10/10, late 24/16, SB 33/14, etc.) I also Attempt to steal ~35%, Fold SB to Steal ~85%, and Fold BB to Steal ~65%.

Any help here would be appreciated. (if you want to know how I currently play please see this thread: http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/...=0#Post1256134 )

Margon