View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 09:52 AM

Default Re: Frustrated gambler advice

Well first off let me say that I am really impressed by this board. It looks like I asked a couple of pretty general question and instead of getting flamed I got some very intelligent and useful answers. Just wanted to say thanks.

I have read both of Harrington's books but have not read t.o.p. by Salansky yet. Looks like I will be getting that shortly though.

As far as EV there is a chapter in Harrington’s second book on this though it is refer to as hand analysis I believe. I have been focusing on the general strategy and have only touched on some of the more in depth strategies in my game play. (Mostly watching my M and changing my play accordingly)

One more question I would like to ask before I let this thread die. It looks like I need to really take into account EV. When playing how often do you bother to calculate this? Is this something that needs to be done on a regular basis, or more of a big pot turning point situations? Or is it more of a study the hands through calculations and know through experience roughly what the EV is?