View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 12:09 AM

Default Re: The thing about my play...

[ QUOTE ]
Is that this pot is huge and not many people would expect a semi bluff here into two people. So yes, i think i can fold a naked nine, i think there is even a chance i can fold red tens or jacks from time to time with a 4 straight and 3 flush on the board. Maybe i am off on this, but this isnt some 1-2 game, people so find folds sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to assume that "marginal postflop" means that they pay some sort of attention as the hand progresses. You 3bet preflop, and got capped. What hand do you expect people to put you on when you pop the turn? A-Big of spades is the only sellable hand, and anybody w/ the A or K knows you can't have that, cuz they have one of your cards. They certainly aren't going to believe an 8, so the only way this has any chance is if nobody has the A or K of spades, nobody has an 8, and nobody has 2 pair. Furthermore, if these players have any history with you they'd know that you'd c/r 2 overs and flush draw on the flop 100% of the time, you didn't do that. The way you played this hand i'd put you on A-big with one spade. No other hand makes sense.

If you wanted this to work, I think you needed to set it up better on the flop, that or you and I have a very different idea of "marginal".

lf