View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 11:46 PM

Default Re: Hand from Stars $150

It does look a lot like a line that a thinking opponent could take with a weaker hand than yours, after seeing you continuation bet on the flop and check the turn. (He has a big enough chipstack to do this with any playable hand) The river bet is fairly aggressive given the slow postflop action (another reason i think it could be a bluff). However, you can't call the bet, because if he does have an ace (or flush, or set, or 2 pair), you're done.

Basically, the villain played this hand very well, and you couldnt do much about it given the situation. Sucks that that ace came.

It should be noted, though, that if you can learn anything from this hand, its that against a thinking, aggressive opponent, if you took this same line with AK or AQ, you'd probably double up here. Raise preflop, continuation bet, check turn, bet river (or call/raise river if in position) is a solid line in the right situation. (I use it most often when a single A or K flops with low rainbow cards, and I have TPTK or TP2K against an aggressive opponent)