Thread: QQ on Button
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 10:46 PM

Default Re: QQ on Button

[ QUOTE ]
How often do you think I run into a type of player that will call the raise with 88-JJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think often you will see a TAG call that river raise with 88-JJ against players that aren't you. The more you've played with a certain TAG, the more he knows that you probably aren't capping with less than AA-TT, AK preflop. He knows you aren't raising that river with something that JJ-88 beats. He'll make that call against the LAGs. Of course, this assumes he's an observant TAG.

[ QUOTE ]
How often do you think I will be called and get shown KJ, KQ or some other weak K?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like those hands would have check-raised the turn since you're probably going to showdown after preflop cap. If he's betting the river just to three-bet then why didn't he do that on the turn? It's a flush, 77, or JJ-88 I think.

[ QUOTE ]
Is there much chance he 3-bets me with a worse hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very little. I imagine at a certain level of poker there are more players willing to raise QQ on the river like you did with the intention of folding to a three-bet. At that level, players may recognize your thin value raise and bluff you off a better hand. I don't think this is that level, though I just noticed this is Eurobet... maybe 5/10 plays like 100/200 there now. I haven't been there in a while.