Thread: Netflix email
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 10:34 PM

Default Re: Netflix email

[ QUOTE ]
I got this thing. Netflix sure got off easy. They should have given people at least a free month of service. I just stepped down from the 8 at a time plan because service had gotten so slow I really wasn't getting many more flicks per month than I had at the 3 at a time plan, but playing about 3x as much. Netflix sucks pretty hard that way.

Netflix is the greatest at first, but if you're the type like me who could watch a movie every day so you get the plans that let you try to do it, don't bother.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read the Netflix terms of service you encounter the following under "Allocation, Delivery and Return of Rented DVDs": [ QUOTE ]
In determining priority for shipping and inventory allocation, we give priority to those members who receive the fewest DVDs through our service. As a result, those subscribers who receive the most movies may experience that (i) the shipment of their next available DVD occurs at least one business day following return of their previously viewed movie (ii) delivery takes longer, as the shipments may not be processed from their local distribution center and (iii) they receive movies lower in their queue more often than our other subscribers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured they did this, but didn't think they'd be quite so blatant.