View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 08:53 PM

Default Re: Going from4 to 8 tables, transition question

My transition went like this. I 4-tabled the 22's for a couple of months (just started playing SnG's full-time about 3.5 months ago). I was playing on a crappy CRT. When I had access to enough spare money, I bought two 2001FP's during a special.

The first thing I did was go straight to 8-tabling. I knew this was not a good idea, but I wanted to sort of "shock" my system into the kind of speed it would take. Not surprisingly, I went 0-for-8. So...as I was planning on doing either way, I dropped down to 6 tables and played that way for about 2 weeks. When 6 felt slow (ie- I found myself browsing the net, keeping an eye on the game, etc.), I moved back up to 8. First couple of sets were difficult, but I was much better adjusted this time.

Now, only a couple weeks into full-time 8-tabling, it feels pretty easy. I'm used to the speed, my reactions are quicker, etc. Sure, when I find myself on the bubble in 8 games all at once it gets a little hectic, but nothing that can't be handled.

Nevertheless, the only way to find out how it'll work for you is for you to give it a try.