View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 08:51 PM

Default Re: How Do You Play Superaggressively?

I play aggressive poker, sometimes tight, sometimes loose, and sometimes super aggresively.

The trick is to know your enemy basically. If they tend to be unbluffable, you do not want to start betting and raising with air, because you will bleed. You want to have some sort of hand against them. Against weak tights, you can win alot of pots by firing a shot, or even a second one on the turn with nothing.

The real trick is that you don't want to be seen going to a showdown with bad cards very often, so you want to try to take down pots when you have nothing by them folding, and get them to a showdown when you have a monster by making good bets against those who will see you to the river, that way the rest of the table thinks that you are tight.

In the 2+2 NA vs. EU, I applyed a superaggressive style to the first part, and it worked out very well, by the end of the tourney, I had something like 60 pots won without showdown, and 9/11 won with a showdown, winning a under 1/3 of the total pots I played.

Best people to do this against are tight aggressive and weak tight players, worse players to do this against are calling stations, loose aggressive, super aggressive, and maniacs.

Also very important to know when you are behind, and to slow it down when you get called or raised, you never want to trap yourself.

Post flop skill is very important for this, as well as knowing when you can steal preflop.