View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 08:31 PM

Default Re: facing donk + overcall on River, TPGK, easy?

[ QUOTE ]
My first reation was to raise this river with BB holding a weak Ace that he can't seam to let go because SB would have to be a terrible player to play KK/66/22 this way.

However, after studing the hand for another minute I realize this might be a very well played 66/22 by SB. If SB C/R the turn he he likely to only collect 2 more bets from Hero while pushing BB off his weak Ace. So by calling the turn and donking the river he makes 3 bets minimum or 6 bets if Hero is aggressive enough to raise which I think many players might as a good value raise with BB in there.

Even if BB is a total calling station and calls two cold on the turn then villian only collects 5 bets maximum. So it's 2(min)/5(max) with a C/R turn line for SB or 3(min)/6(max) with a smooth call turn, bet/3-bet river line.

So I think Nick is correct in just calling the river donk.

I would like to know if other 2er's agree with me that if SB has 66/22 he played it optimally.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard to say what would happen based on different flop lines, but I think with 66 or 22 most of the correct lines I can think of involve betting the turn (and probably betting the flop).

Betting out the turn assures that we get 3-4 bets you were talking about when he check-calls and bets the river, but also opens up the possibility of getting more because our hero is more likely to go to multiple bets on the turn than he is on the river.

In general, if I had 66, I'd probably be betting the flop, calling a raise, and donk-betting the turn.