View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 08:25 PM

Default An interesting take on heroin

Recently, I installed the stumble extension onto my firefox browser. I stumbled upon a perticularly interesting sight in which they discuss everything about every drug that you don't learn in school. I found these statemenst about heroin perticularly interesting.

[ QUOTE ]
addiction
While its addictiveness has been much exaggerated, heroin remains a highly habit forming substance. See our addiction info for more detail.

long term use
Despite the myths, heroin is a relatively harmless drug, especially compared to alcohol or nicotine.

However, chronic heroin abuse can result in scarred and/or collapsed veins, bacterial infections of the blood vessels and heart valves, abscesses and other soft-tissue infections, and liver or kidney disease.

Constipation caused by a combination of poor eating and the effects of the drug on the bowels can lead to haemorrhoids. Addicts can also suffer from malnutrition because they're never hungry.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never known anyone who has admitted to using heroin, so I can neither confirm nor deny this statement, but from what I have seen of junkies on T.V. I can't imagine how this statement is true.

and oh yeah, linky