View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 07:33 PM

Default Re: what is the best seat at this table?

[ QUOTE ]
I play live so I only think I know what the numbers are. But the 10 seats 6.67 means very aggressive right? if that is the case, i like to sit in seat one so i can isolate, re-raise and see what he does first. I see one person sezs seat one sucks. I like the maniac close to me.

LLL

[/ QUOTE ]

6.67 is so abnormally high for post-flop aggression it just means this TAG has been running well for the hands OP has on him. Opp in Seat 10 is not a huge threat because he is rarely in the hand. I would not call anyone at this table a maniac but seat 3 is pretty LAGG-ish.

I kind of like seat 3 or 4, but it depends on how much cold-calling the fish in 5-9 do. From 3 or 4 you can play a lot more hands to the inevitable raises of 2 and 3 if you know you are likely to get 2 or 3 cold-callers behind you. And you get position on the aggressive player who is in more pots. Someone else mentioned having the tight-passive on your left, which is also a good thing, IMO.

I actually don't hate seat 10 in this situation since the looser players are going to protect most pots for me by limping in front so I don't have to worry about getting Isolated OOP by the more Laggish opponents.

I think it's more important to have the 30/15/2.69 on your right since he is in a lot more hands and raises preflop twice as much