View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 04:30 PM

Default Re: PokerStars database

Instead of posting 4 replies, I'll just reply to all the questions in here.

1. Opt-out: No, we aren't planning on doing that. I think it's a bad incentive to get people to sign up and I don't want a single person to sign up with the sole purpose of getting themselves out of the database. I apologize to people who don't want to be included, but that's the nature of this sort of thing. I, for one, am shown as a losing player in Stars MTTs. It happens... I rarely play them as I don't consider myself to be a good MTT player (ring games and STTs only [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) and it isn't a big deal. Not everyone rakes in tons of $.

2. Redesign: Clearly, I suck at graphics, layout, etc compared to professionals. I do plan on getting the site overhauled from a look perspective. That being said, I don't think it should be your number one concern.

3. Jurollo: Thanks, appreciate the kind words. I don't plan on splashing the link around, but I did update the sample page to adjust for some of the comments that were made last night. Anyone who is interested can take a look (use the link that was posted above) and let me know about further numbers they'd like to see.

4. Roman/Pricing/STTs/etc: I don't have any interest in gouging people, so don't worry about that. I know I could charge a premium and get a few people who would pay a lot of money for this info, but that won't happen. It will be reasonable for the average player regardless of the large amounts a few people claim to be willing to pay.

Let me know if anyone has other questions/concerns... I appreciate the help so far.