View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: What Now? (advice post, little strategy)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so let me get this straight.

you beat .5/1 over 10k hands for 8bb/100

then you moved up to 1/2.

then you had a "losing period" of somewhere between 100-200bb (-10bb/100 over 1-2k hands). which could be a learning time, or running poorly, or playing poorly, or whatever.

then you kept playing at 1/2 and overall at 1/2 you had won 5.6bb/100 over 11k hands.

now you've lost 100bb again over 1k hands? bringing your 1/2 winrate to 4.3bb/100 over 12k hands.

deep down in your gut, do you believe people when they say that 3-4bb/100 is a sustainable microlimit winrate for a very good player?

edit: and if you are a very good player whose actual winrate is 3bb/100 for example...that means that after 12k hands you "should" have won 360bb, whereas you have won something like over 500bb already - so in theory you can look forward to regressing at least another 140bb over time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but the point is that the winning periods all happened where the quality of play was lower. the two losing periods have been the only real sample of standard 1/2 players. The whole middle portion of 1/2 was playing beginners tables where the overall level of play was at least as bad, if not worse, than what I experienced at .5/1.

I will start posting more "standard" hands. That is a good idea. I guess the answer is also that I should move down to 1 table so that I can analyze each play more carefully while I look for leaks.
Ill try to post some hands in this thread tomorrow and illustrate my point better.

Greg

[/ QUOTE ]

i hear what you are saying in principle...but i think it is more likely that "the change in quality of opposition" is in your head and it's causing you to either play differently or read into things more. (and after all you are talking about 2k hands)

on the other hand...you are not an idiot so you can presumably recognize better play for what it is...so if you are losing vs better opposition then by all means, review your play here in public and maybe we'll find something!