View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Taking The Opposite Side (kinda long?)

wow....ok

Example 1, I don't mind pushing here, but you don't have an OESFD...it's a gutshot+flush draw so you have 4 less outs which makes you closer to a coinflip than being ahead of a large pair. I still like the push though.

Example 2 - open pushing is HORRIBLE. You basically make it impossible for him to make a mistake.....he's probably folding all non-set, non-straight hands....he's probably calling with sets, 2 pair, straights, and combo draws which you are at best slightly ahead of and at worst slightly behind. So if your goal in example 2 is to guarantee your opponent plays correctly and thus break the fundamental theory of poker, then you should absolutely push here.

I played against a guy at $100 NL that pulled a similar stunt. He raised preflop, i flat called with 33, flop comes 3 5 6 with 2 of a suit, and he open pushes for $400 with AA...i happily call with $300 and double through....see my point...i'm not calling that bet with anything other than the set, straight, 2 pair, or SF draw...all of which are ahead of villain....open pushing is horrible. Lead for the pot, make a decision based on what he does.