View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Small Edge or Big Leak?

[ QUOTE ]
my issue here is that there is another player in this hand yet to act....if you push and run into a bigger hand you are toast....he could be drawing to 2 outs to someone with a pair, plus the Ace of hearts....that's why I fold here...nothing like getting pushed into a big hand by an idiot....which could easily happen here...if he was headsup with the maniac i'd like a push a lot more.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
why didn't you make a continuation bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually won't continuation bet into multiple opponents on such a draw-heavy board; I feel like I'll get called here 100% of the time. Of course, the counter-argument is that I (may) have an equity edge, and thus should bet and get calls from hands that are behind me. Is the fact that my draws were non-nut an argument for betting out on the flop, to find out where I stood, and maybe, just maybe, fold out a stronger flush draw?

I also checked here because I had a half-assed plan. There was little doubt that Villain was going to bet if checked to. His AF wasn't all that high, but he had definitely changed gears and started lagging it up the past few orbits. My plan was to let him bet and then check min-raise him, hopefully knocking CO out of the pot and getting it heads up with Villain, against whom I was likely ahead. Good idea? Horrible idea?