Old 11-03-2005, 01:46 PM

Default Re: $55: Blind war with QJs

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pushing > calling > folding IMO

[/ QUOTE ]
Think about this
your going to let him min raise all of your sbs for the rest of the tounry. What happenes when there at 100/200 and you have 1000 chips and he min raises you have 59 in the bb?
The thing is his min raise range here is huge but his call range is probably tiny...AJ+, 99+ maybe KQ. Repush for sure

[/ QUOTE ]

OP says he's a gambler... and he's getting low on chips... he could very well be calling with much wider than that.

Also, if what I do now encourages him to raise his crap later, that's fine, cause I'm popping him back later when the blinds are higher. Right now, it's just not worth it to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lean towards folding, just for this reason. When the blinds are higher, and that min-raise is for more chips and more of his stack, there's a chance I will be able to punish him then with a better hand. Maybe I'll call here, to see and flop, but if I miss, I'm gone. I don't like pushing this over the top here, just because you're behind to a lot of hands that he could be raising with.

But I probably fold here, the 150 I lose doesn't hurt my stack that much, I'll wait for a better time and a better hand. Each time you let him do this, his range of hands gets looser, and the blinds get bigger, there'll be a better time to make a stand against this guy.